- Path of Exile is offering up beta access and other goodies here.
I'm not sure what I would want made, if it was my item to design. Maybe like a sword that was just a wolverine duct-taped to Frostmourne. Or like a big red hat that lets you see through girls clothes (lol).
|Screw you, it's my $1000.|
Interesting to note just what their cash shop will be selling:
As a test of our microtransaction system, we’re initially offering two small purchases:
- Extra Stash Tab (30 Points): Your quota of stash tabs is increased in all leagues. The number of stash tabs is not reset when we enter Open Beta.
- Extra Character Slot (30 Points)
At Open Beta, we will have a range of different microtransactions for sale, including many of the following:
- Public stash tabs (viewable to other players for trade purposes)
- Cosmetic pets
- Alternate skill effects
- Special animations (for example, taunts or PvP victory animations)
- Special paid leagues (with custom game rules)
- Guild storage
- Alternate item skins and visual effects
- Special cosmetic item properties such as “extra gore”
- Item dyes
- GW2 explained "squads" ...
and it's odd that they made the pre-req for becoming a 'commander' a "hefty gold cost", "a substantial sum of gold". If I was a cynical type, I'd be wary of manufactured moneysinks in a game that just happens to sell gold.
More on WvW in this interview.
Good question asked recently -- is there any Underdog buff in WvW?
I believe so, there's mention of "Outmanned", which supposedly gives you a third more XP, Karma, and 20% more rare loot find chance. We'll see if that's in there at launch.
- Also, TERA has another closed beta weekend going on, if you're interested.
Enjoy the time-killing.