Saturday, July 02, 2011

Underwear Model Bounty Hunter Mummy

So, I was looking at this HD version of SWTOR's Bounty Hunter Progression teaser.

I've been thinking that the Bounty Hunter might be my main in SWTOR - I like ranged classes, I like tanky classes, Bounty Hunters can do both. And I like the idea of using MacGyver gadgets in a world full of lightsabers - the grappling rope, rockets, flamethrowers, jetpack punches, the whole Inspector Gadget angle seems fun.



All crappy blog postings need nerdy pictures, it's required by internet law.



I'm hoping that video is just a mediocre representation of things - the combat looks horribly presented (it looks stiff, badly choreographed), the settings generally seem pretty lackluster (drab / boring / dreary / sterile) and the design in general appears at times downright unappealing...

There's nothing I like about the idea of shooting tiny pencil nub pistols at generic, unmoving stock figures and ridiculous Ant Dudes.

Seriously though, Ant People are not to be fucked with if they think you have any crumbs.

"THE HUMAN HAS CRUMBS! TWINKIE CRUMBSSSSSS!"

"Is that your oddly engorged abdomen or are you just happy to see me?"


MY PISTOLS ARE USUALLY MUCH BIGGER, IT'S JUST REALLY COLD IN HERE AND I WAS IN THE POOL. I WAS IN THE POOL!



Also, blaster fire shouldn't arc down in mid-shot towards an enemy like it's a limp stream of green laser urine.

(I think that's a flavor of Gatorade, no? Green Laser Urine?)


SKEET SKEET SKEET



OK, yeah, some of the armor in question here is probably just level 2 stuff you wear for twenty minutes tops, but seriously, why does it look like the Bounty Hunter is running around in boxer briefs?


Pants just get in the way of hunting bounties.



Listen, if you're going to go all ghetto graphics and be low maintenance, fine; I'm all for that. But you better design the hell out of the game. That's not great design there, that looks like a dude modelling space underwear.


This doesn't look like a tech-gadget master in the future, this is a guy with inexplicable mummy wrappings on his thighs and belly.


Looks like a nasty place to have to bandage. I guess accidents happen when you have wrist-mounted flamethrowers.





Maybe that's a bunch of fire-resistant Force-proof Space Duct Tape, I don't know.


Looks like Ewok butt-wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment