Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A regrettable decision

I've been without my computer for over a week now.

I was playing a marathon session of Rift when suddenly my screen froze. When I tried a restart, the Windows screen had little blue dots and wouldn't load. Uh-oh Spaghetti-O's! I figured either one of two things happened: A) I blew up my video card and/or B) my computer got AIDs.

 I have only a very limited knowledge of the inner workings of computers and want to keep it that way because that shit is boring.

For some god-damned reason I took it to Best Buy. Their store is literally right around the corner from me, I figured I'd take it there, they'd pop in a new video card and I'd be on my merry way in like 15 fucking minutes. I explained the situation to "Joe" at the counter and he plugged the machine in for a look-see.

"Hm. Were you getting these blue dots before?"
"No, those are completely different blue dots. They must be evolving lifeforms, you fucking moron."

They wanted to do diagnostics and then they'd repair it.

"Whatever, just fix it and get it back to me as soon as possible."

Again, I'm assuming that should take about 15 minutes and a new video card. It took a full week, several angry phone calls, and $70 for "Billy" to tell me that I should just buy a brand new tower from them.

Fucking thieves and rapists. Meanwhile, I took the machine to the local repair guys and they immediately popped in a video card off the shelf and had it working on the spot. Best Buy / Geek Squad is a scam, they cannot be trusted to do even the simplest tasks without them trying to rape you into spending large sums of money you don't need to spend. They couldn't do a worse job unless they shit on your motherboard and set your hard drive on fire.

I will laugh and spit on their shuttered doors when they're completely out of business by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment