Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hey

How's it going? How are you liking Path of Exile?

It's quite like a new, improved Titan Quest, isn't it? With a skill tree that is so dizzyingly deep it gives you a sort of giddy vertigo. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with my Marauder, but I'm enjoying it. Just meandering around some odd path, picking up cookies off the ground.

I like big swords. So I went with the Big Sword skills. I'm sure you could put a ton of thought into it, but that's not really my strong point. I think I just aimlessly wandered to one branch when I noticed I was getting pushed around, so now I'm trying to be tougher. I liked the sound of 'Bloodless', so, fuck it. Begone, blood.

It's a pretty fun, compelling system. I'm hoping The Secret World feels like that, experimenting with weird creatures you bred in your basement, odd mutants spliced together from Ninja-Wizard-Cowboy genetic stock.


TERA pushed the release of battlegrounds to late summer.
This really is the Bad News MMO. I'm waiting to hear the story that playing it gives your family members eyeball cancer.
(Oddly enough, yeah, I did like the the combat system, and that lizard-demon race, and even the furry race, but holy shit this game is going to race to F2P mediocrity.)

SWTOR Legacy System details
Everything mentioned there sounds pretty awful. I'm sure it'll be received as a welcome form of 'horizontal progression' or whatever you want to call it, but it just seems like fairly weak, odd ideas finally being tacked on because they couldn't think of a better system.


I have no idea what the hell the point of Otherland is, but the ideas there sound ...like they're not all just rehashed horse shit. Too bad the characters walk around like horrible abominations of humanity, twisted mockeries of mankind meant to taunt and terrify us.


And, song of the day : Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA slowly floating backwards through space.
Originally spotted by David Rees, who said listening to the song was like sucking a purple-syrup sunset through a straw made out of beach-trip memories. Which is really good way to spend a some part of your day, right?

Naturally, there's also Rebecca Black 'Friday' reversed, which again is turning one of the most insultingly insipid, brain-melting ear-hemorrhoids into something that has this new, weirdly beautiful and profound texture to it.

Then again, I liked the Death Metal version of Friday, so what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment