Sunday, January 01, 2012

happy new year

I made this post a few weeks ago about how I enjoyed my brief time in SWTOR beta. [I played a whopping 2 days].

"How's that working out for you, Spider?"

Well.
  I enjoyed the game for what it was - a game I can play with friends that I actually find playable and fun.


This was still very true - until I ran into a brick wall of bugs and imbalances that make it a lot less playable. My class quest completely bugged out and took 3 days for me to figure out. I haven't been able to speak in or even see /guild, /party or /operation chat for about a week now. It so badly feels like a Single Player MMORPG right now.

I'm mostly playing a Sniper, who's by far the weakest, least fun class to attempt to play in PvP; which also isn't very good at all. The PvP actually feels quite worse than the PvP in Rift, and I thought that was nearly unbearable.



There's a lot of discovery in this game.

These discoveries were more interesting when they weren't "I can't communicate with anyone, ever", "PvP is nothing but a CC-fest in Huttball between 2 classes" and "Snipers are dogshit".

I'm sure the bugs will be ironed out eventually and PvP will become more varied and fine-tuned, but as it stands now: ewww.


I tried a character that makes decisions that I would make.

Yeah, this lasted about about half a day, when I realized they hadn't added any sort of "Grey" vendor to match the Dark and Light Side vendors that sell relics, gear, pets and mounts. Playing a character 'Neutral Evil' just isn't viable for me when I get punished for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment